Today I am reminded that I have so much to be thankful for. I spent the morning with my youngest child at an eye specialist due to the hole that was found in her retina a number of months ago. The doctor was so good with her and made me extremely thankful, as he diffused a lot of her anxiety around having to get some laser therapy done to her eye.
It got me to thinking about what else I was thankful for today. So in the spirit of Thanksgiving, here is a list, a non-exhaustive one, but it is mine for today; it consists of the first 10 things that came to mind.
Today I am thankful for (in no particular order):
1. cool nights, that make sleeping so much more comfortable, that are followed by bright and sunny days.
2. doctors that have seriously good ‘beside manners’
3. starbucks…’nuff said
4. a husband who sees the real me, even when I lose track of her, and loves me anyway (20 years and counting)
5. My children who cause much laughter in my home
6. friends who inspire me, hear me, let me lean, and who build with me – you know who you are and I treasure each one of you.
7. my new to me car and my new to me washer/dryer set
8. online banking
9. regular paychecks (can I get an AMEN!)
10. a home church that dreams big dreams and endeavors to carry them out within their community and abroad, all while leaning into God’s whisper and direction.
So my friends, what are you thankful for today? this week? Will you share them here?